Monday, October 21, 2013

2. Family stories

Exercise A. Do you have ani amazing stories to tell about your family? Discuss the questions.


1.- What´s your family´s background and history? Does your family have an interesting story?
My grandmother told me that my great great grandfather was one of the special security of Porfirio Diaz, he was like a bodyguard in the chairmanship of Porfirio Diaz. His name was Isaac Balderas Sierra. It was a great notice and something curious from my family.

2.- How did your parents meet? How about your grandparents?
My mom and my dad met by me. When I was 9 years, I got a problem in my kidney and I started to lose weight, be pale and weak. My mom took me to the hospital and the doctor said that I have a problem in my kidney and I needed a ultrasound with the radiologist. When I when with him He was so nice and kind with me, I spoke a lot of things, and he finished my "photos" and he gave it to his boss and told him that I had a terrible problem with my kidney even they gave me a couple of months to live, obviously my mom didn´tell me. My family was so worry for me and always when to the church and pray for me and for my next ultrasound. Spent 1 month and I came back with my Dr. friend and he made an other ultrasound, he didn´t see it yet, only his boss, and he looked the ultrasound and he said: what did you do to her? and my mom was worry and she said nothing, and he asked that she brought the 1st ultrasound, she gave it to him and he made a comparation and he said that I didn´t have nothing in my kidney. Then of that, my stepfather asked out to my mom for 4 years and then they got married.

3.- Is there anyone in your family you don´t see very often? why?
I don´t see very often my uncle, because he work in Rosarito and he just come to us every month or every fifteen days. But my grandmother talk to him almost every day without fail.

4.- Has your family ever had a family reunion? What was it like?
When I was in the kinder garden, one oor 2 days per month the family of my grandmother and we made a reunion with carne asada, and all my uncles and aunts brought them my cousins and nices. Even my uncle Chuy made roles to play volleyball between Fathers VS Sons, it was really fun and nice. Now in days, we haven´t had an other reunion with them because a discussion with one of the sister of my grandmother.

5.- Are you close to one of particular member of your family? How did you become close?
I´m close with my grandmother, she is so cool and I talk with her all my stuffs and she told me about her.




1 comment: